Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Monday, July 26, 2010

Alex's Concussion

WE LOVE YOU GUNCLE!


My brother, Alex, has been playing baseball this summer on a team called, The Heat. Yesterday he had a game and got knocked out by a runner, when he was trying to catch a fly ball. The runner intentionally elbowed him in the jaw, which knocked him out, and he hit the ground. When the Coach realized Alex wasn't getting up, he ran on the field and Alex's eyes were rolled in the back of his head. He finally came to and persuede to run to first base? Coach said, No, Alex you need to sit down in the dugout. Mike started asking him questions and realized he didn't know where he was or what he was doing. My parents took him to Princeton's Er and because he had a concussion they ran a catscan and also an x-ray to make sure his jaw wasn't broken. Thank God, everything came back ok. But, it had been almost 4 hrs and Alex still couldn't remember anything from this past year. The doctor said it was ok to take him home and observe him at home, but doc thought his memory should've come back already.
A year or so ago, one of Alex's buddies got hit by a baseball and caused him to have a concussion, he lost 3months of his life, that he never got back.
This maybe the case with Alex. It's just so weird to think that you could just not remember what happened the past year.
We got back to my Mom's and we kept asking him questions every now and then. I asked him did he remember graduating, he said, NO? AM I IN COLLEGE? I said, not yet Alex!
He would ask us the same question over and over, bc he could not remember what he just did or said. He was very confused! Last night around 8pm, Alex finally started remembering. One of his friends took him for ice cream and he remembered doing that last night. But, he still doesn't remember the past year.





WE LOVE YOU GUNCLE, AND PRAY YOU GET BACK SOME SPECIAL MEMORIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment