Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Friday, July 23, 2010

Chicken Pox

SO, last saturday we had Drake's birthday party and Samantha asked Cooper to spend the night with Drake. She has asked several time before, I just didn't think he would be ready. Or, I knew that I would be driving to Springville at 10:00 at night to pick up little man. But, Cooper is now at an age where, he loves just GOING. He really has always been like that, but I knew this time he would be just fine. And he was, he had no problems on his first "spend the night out with a FRIEND" without his Mommy! So sad!
Well, I was going to meet Sam to pick up Cooper and she just wanted to give me a heads up, that the boys were outside playing that morning and Cooper got bit several times on his neck by some bug.
When I got him, he had a bandaid on his neck (not suprising-he wants a bandaid on everything). We had some errands to do that day and then I took Cooper to see Toy Story 3 in 3d!
I have been promising him for a long time and finally we had a chance to go, so we paid $22 for just him and I! Highway robbery! Anyhoo, we got home and Cooper started itching his neck and his ankles like crazy. I thought he was about to have a panic attack. I kept looking noticed the bites were covering his whole body. They didn't look like an ant bite or a misquitto bite? I had no clue. I thought maybe they were chigger bites? Then I asked my husband if it was poison ivy? He said no, poison ivy would be more in clusters. So, I called Samantha, and asked what in the world was in her backyard. In hindsight, this is too funny! Samantha had no clue! She said Drake didn't get any bug bites. Samantha had only seen the bites on Cooper's neck, she never noticed them all over his body. Cooper eventually calmed down. Poor thing, I had to hold him down so Blake could rub an anti-itch cream all over him.
The next day, my Mom's friend Teri came over to help me hang some curtain rods. Teri saw the bandaid on Cooper's neck and asked, " What happended to his neck?" I continue to tell her about how he got bit by something at my friends house. Teri looks at me and she says, "Honey, that is Chicken Pox". I said, "WHAT, we've been vaccinated, there's no way!"
Sure thing... We have got to be the most unluckest people I know! Took Cooper to the pediatrition the next day and he's got CHICKEN POX!!! The fact that he's been vaccinated, and still got them, makes the doctor believe that his vaccine just didn't take. She called all the nurses into our room, so they could see what chicken pox was, they've never seen it? Crazy!

Since we have been in quarentine all week, it has given me a chance to start this blog I've been thinking about doing for a while now! It will be a great way for me to document our CRAZY life!
I have been horrible since Cooper turned 1, I have had any time to scrapbook. I feel terrible about that.
While they are young they are like little sponges. They learn so much and I am blessed to be here with them, to teach them new things, and watch them grow!

Another thing I have attempted, is trying to declutter all the toys! I do this probably twice a year. But, it's crazy how many toys we have! Toys live in every room of our home! I struggle with Cooper, trying to make him understand, that we don't need everything we see. Cooper absolutely has first child syndrome! He was the first baby and first grandbaby on both sides. So, Cooper has been given everything... which now is biting me in the butt! I try to encourage him to appreciate the simple things in life. But, that seems to get me nowhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment