Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kitchen Table and Chair Redo

My kitchen chairs have needed an update on paint, stain, or something for a while now. They were given to me from my mother and with the help of my dear friend Tamsyn, we recovered them. That was about 3years ago. I do however love the fabric we found, so I chose to keep the fabric on the chairs. The kitchen table was not working, at all! It was glass top, which with kids is a nightmare to keep clean. But, that's what I wanted a few years back to go on top of the pedestal's my mom gave me with the chairs.  The glass was also not child friendly! It was really a safety hazard. If you leaned on the table, one side of the glass would come up. So, I found a cheap farmers table that just needed some paint. When I started researching the best way to stain, antique, distress furniture-I ran across several blogs talked about Chalk Paint. I've never heard of it, and it sounded amazing, and the easiest way to go. I tried to find where to buy Chalk Paint and found out that someone just opened a store, Here In Birmingham! So, I drove to Pelham and picked out my colors and began my next project! The best thing about Chalk Paint is that you can paint on ANYTHING! That's right! ANYTHING! Metal, mirror, brass, wood, floors, etc and there is no priming or sanding necessary! Sounds too good to be true. But, I am now obsessed with this paint! It is the best paint on the market. After applying the Chalk Paint you have to put a wax over the paint. She sales a clear wax and a dark wax. I also talked my Mom into taking a Painting class on how to restore furniture done at the store in Pelham. It's a 3 hr class, and you come home with 3 to 4 different projects. Check out Kelli's Blog and she demonstrates a great video about the waxing techniques.

This is the chair before.

Yikes, this is the kids bench before.
The Farm table was white when I bought it, I spray painted it chocolate brown. Then Painted Provence Chalk Paint, then Old White Chalk Paint, then applied the clear wax. After the clear wax dried good, I sanded the edges and gave it the nice antique look with the blue showing through.









3 comments:

  1. Love the new table and Chairs....will have to come over and see it this weekend!!! You better help me with my new house!! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I will absolutely help you with your new house! Can't wait to see it! Miss you and my kids miss ya! Les

    ReplyDelete