Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baby Parker is under Construction!

My sweet cousin Anissa, is expecting her first child in October. Parker Lee got showered with gifts by those who love him, this afternoon. His nursery is decorated with a Construction theme (dump trucks, tools, etc.). So, Anissa wanted his shower to be themed around that as well.

I usually make my standard diaper cake for baby showers...but, I made a baby carriage I had seen on Pinterest. It turned out really cute, and was a lot easier than the diaper cakes I normally make.


 My sweet friend that works with me made this baby rattle for the door. (She sells some of her things at monograms plus) This is what Anissa is going to hang on her door in the hospital when he arrives.

 Going along with the "Under Construction" theme... We had a chex mix that we labeled as Nuts and Bolts and Oreo's that we labeled as Spare Tires.




This picture above is a half apron that I made... my Mom picked it up at home depot and I painted it orange and made a label that read, "Daddy's Diaper "Dootie" Tool Belt". I stuffed it with wipes, baby powder,butt paste, hand sanitizer and air freshener.

This is the adorable mom to be- working at her own shower!

The hostesses filled a dump truck up filled with goodies and also got Anissa her baby stroller.





We played several games at the baby shower.  We passed around "Caution" tape and had everyone cut the tape the length they thought was the girth of Anissa's belly. The person who was the closest won. This was pretty funny.










1 comment:

  1. What a great themed shower Leslie!! So many great ideas.

    ReplyDelete