Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Friday, June 17, 2011

Shake it up Cafe

This week I helped teach our Vacation Bible School. This year the theme was, "Shake It Up Cafe". Where Kids carry out God's recipe's. The teacher's were suppose to bring an apron from home to wear all week to help incorporate our theme. My friend Tracey and I had 5k kids and had a great week! I have to admit, I'm glad it is over:). The people who put this on, work all year getting ready for it. It's very impressive all the amazing activities the children get to do. We are barely in our rooms that much. We are going to Craft, Music, Drama, and Playground or Rec. It's chaotic. I just loved the theme so much this year, I thought I would share some of my pictures that I have. I wish I would have taken a picture of our entire room, it was adorable. Our door was an awning.
We hung cooking utensils from our ceiling. We had checkered tablecloths with red mixing bowls, pot holders, Ketchup and Mustard bottles and some flowers set up on a cafe table. I made some donuts, that we also hung from the ceiling. They turned out adorable.


I painted this piece of cardboard, which I thought afterwords Tristan could play with it in her kitchen. This would also be a great decorating idea for birthday parties. Inexpensive, but time consuming.

This a inter tube, that I purchased at the dollar store, blew up, and painted to look like a donut.

Cooper's Chef Hat

The children painted a pair of hands praying. It says around the bottom, God is Great, God is Good. They took pictures of all the children to send home.


This is a tray that the children modpodged. Then put that day's "Secret Ingredient" in the middle.

This is a cute oven mitt, that I have Cooper's sweet hand print on.

1 comment: