Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cooper's Dresser Redo!

I have been working very hard on painting Cooper's dresser. I don't know what had gotten all over the top and down some of the front of the dresser. But, it looked horrible. It was originally BLACK. It matched his bed. Not anymore! I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Gray and Old White. I did the dresser in Paris Gray and the drawers in Old White. I sanded the edges of the drawers and also painted the feet in Old White. I applied the clear wax and then the dark wax only to the Paris Gray color. I also painted a first coat of Old White on the sides of the dresser and then Paris Gray over that. Then once dry I sanded that down so the Old white color would show through. I wanted to find some fun knobs for the dresser and spent all day searching. But, couldn't find anything that I loved. So, I painted the knobs Old White and wrote the numbers 5, 1,1,2,0,0, and 6. Can you guess what those numbers mean? COOPERS BIRTHDAY! May 11, 2006! Cooper thought it was very cool. I found a mirror in my attic that I wasn't using and thought it would be perfect above his new dresser but, I had to paint it first to match. Then I painted his lego table as well. A blog I follow, Restore Interiors, is having a Chalk Paint Contest so, I am linking my page to her website! Wish me luck!







Just noticed the "6" is upside down! Oops, I will have to turn that around!




The mirror I painted a first coat with Paris Gray and then lightly applied the Old White with a gentle brush stroke. Next, I applied a clear wax and then a dark wax! Love it, I just need to have my Hubby hang it! :)





His lego table is painted Paris Gray on bottom and Old White at top.

No comments:

Post a Comment