Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chalk Paint Class

Mom's Lamp in the Duck Egg Blue
This past weekend my mom and I took Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint Class. It's located in Pelham, on Old Montgomery Hwy. and taught by Stacey. She was a great teacher and taught us several different techniques. Everyone went home with four different projects.


 Some Useful Tips I Learned: 
After using your waxes-Don't wash your rags in your washer. It will ruin the washer! Oops! 
When it comes to waxing, I learned that there's really not a correct way to do it, you just make it look how you think it should look. You can make your paint as dark as you want it by applying more of your dark wax. And don't use a wet brush when applying your wax!



It was a really fun class and now I've got my Mom hooked on the Chalk Paint. After we left the class I picked up the kids and headed to my Mom's house. I helped her paint her bathroom mirror and a large 16x20 Frame with her chalk paint that she purchased.  We had a great and fun day together.
I did my lamp in Paris Gray- Love the color-This is what color I'm doing Cooper's Dresser in.


Stacey taught us how to crackle paint.

Annie Sloan puts stencils in all of her cabinets. This is a technique that Stacey showed us and how to mix the colors on the stencil. Very pretty.


This is my picture frame that I painted in Louis Blue. It's a beautiful color.





Now, Off to find a lamp shade!

1 comment:

  1. I want to take a class!! Looks like you and your mom learned lots!

    ReplyDelete