Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Wednesday, August 10, 2011

House Rules

My friend Katie made this "Family Rules" sign that she has hanging in her kitchen. I posted this on my blog a few months back and I have been wanting to do this project for a while, but knew it would be very time consuming. I finally got to it, and this project is time consuming! Katie got this idea from The Pleated Poppy. She gives you step by step instructions on how to do this. I didn't really follow that, but it is a good go-to if you wanted to know how to do this project. Katie used a canvas for her "Family Rules" sign. I used a piece of 2x4 wood. I'm pretty sure her canvas was a touch bigger than mine. I added a few other rules to mine and wanted my sign to say "House Rules". I love the "Family Rules", but for some reason my mind goes to that movie called, "Cider House Rules". And I just envisioned mine saying HOUSE RULES. I loved how it turned out, although when I applied Modge Podge, I had to majorly work through some bubbles in the paper. Just FYI. It's now hanging in my kitchen and looks adorable with all my turquoise. And I really wish I had more room, there were several rules that I wanted to use!!!




I'm linking up to: Dittle Dattle

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea..I love it! I really like your rules they are lovely. Good work it really does look great!

    ReplyDelete