Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Friday, July 29, 2011

DIY Wood Frames

This is the cross that my Mom and I had made. I wanted it put on a piece of wood, and make the cross stand out.  In order to do that, I made a trip to Home depot and purchased some wood. I had to buy a huge piece because I needed specific measurements. So, I went ahead and asked the friendly worker if he would be so kind to cut me some more of the same piece and some in different sizes. I went home with a lot of wood, needless to

say.

I came up with this 'Genius Idea' to make picture frames from some of the pieces of wood. I already had some 8x10 frames that I wasn't using. I spray painted them brown, painted Provence Chalk Paint, and sanded them down. Then I sanded the 25x25 piece of wood, painted, sanded again. I attached a hanging wire on the back of the wood. Next, I nailed the picture frame to the wood (like I was hanging it on the wall). I'm sure there is a more professional way to do this, but it works:). I almost put wood glue and glued the frame to the wood. I changed my mind in case I ever want to switch out the picture.  I got a lot of wood for different projects for $10. If you walked into a gift boutique, you would pay $50 or more for a frame that looks like the one I just made.







No comments:

Post a Comment