Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Apparent Project: Haiti



Someone my Mother works with has gone to Haiti on a Mission trip. She became aware of the ApparentProject. Parents from Haiti have placed their children in the care of other's simply because they can not support the child due to extreme poverty. Apparent Project's goal is to help these families, so they don't have to give up their children.
The Haitians take discarded cereal boxes and turn them into beautiful jewelry. My Mother's friend is collecting cereal boxes and taking them to Haiti with her in the next month. If you are anything like me and my family, we love cereal. What great joy it will bring me knowing "That Box" is going to help provide for families in Haiti. This is a very simple task you could do, if anyone is interested in helping with this project, you could bring the boxes to me and I will make sure they get to my Mom's Friend.
 Bring on the Cereal Boxes!
 These pictures are from Allthingshendrick and show what they do at Apparent Project.
You can also learn more about the doctor who is organizing the trip coming up and who has been trying to adopt Baby Melissa (baby abondoned at Clinic).



I can not believe this necklace was created from Cereal Boxes! Unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment