Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kissing at School!

The Cooper and Addie Kate Saga!
Since the beginning of the school year, Cooper has been all about Addie Kate. He would come home and talk about her and even pray for her at night.
Cooper's teachers told me months ago, how Cooper 'had it BAD for Addie Kate'. I said, how so? Cooper just has this look when he's around her and bats his eyes at Addie Kate.
Another teacher from a different classroom said, "I was sitting at Cooper and Addie Kate's table today and I couldn't take my eyes off of them. I was having a hard time paying attention to the rest of the classroom!".
A week or so later Ms. Ceci said Cooper informed her that him and Addie Kate were going to get married! Ms. Ceci said, "Well ya'll need to wait til you turn 5!"
So, Cooper has been coming home everyday talking about how he's gonna marry Addie Kate. He is so serious, too. He got so upset at lunch one day, because his friend Nicholas was teasing him, "Your're not going to marry Addie Kate, no you're not!" Cooper's teachers said that Cooper was devastated.
Tristan had several heart jelly bracelets and Cooper asked if he could give some to the girls in his class. Sissy didn't mind and Cooper counted enough bracelets for the girls in his class. Later that night I was asking Cooper about his day at school. I asked him if all the girls liked their bracelets. I asked him what Addie Kate said when he gave her, her bracelet. He told me, "that she LOVES ME". I said, oh my goodness, what did you tell her? He said very bashfully, "that I LOVE HER!"
Today at school his teacher came to tell me that she just made my son cry. I said, Oh no, What did he do? She said, "He got in trouble for KISSING Addie Kate!" OMG! REALLY! Oh yes! Ms. Jennifer called them both up to talk to her and confronted them about it. Addie Kate was not fessing up and Cooper finally admitted to them kissing. Then Cooper's little lip started to pucker and the tears were coming. He is totally HEARTBROKEN when he gets in trouble. Even at home. Ms. Jennifer told them kissing wasn't appropriate behavior at school. It also spreads germs. But, its ok to hug each other, but no more kissing. I said, oh no I'm so sorry, I'm shocked! Ms. Jennifer said, "Well, It happened yesterday too. This is the second time we've caught them!"
So, we will be having a NO KISSING TALK TONIGHT WITH DADDY!
My son never gets in trouble at school for misbehaving or not minding, etc. But, he got in trouble for the first time for KISSING! WOW!

1 comment:

  1. It starts early doesn't it??? As a former preschool teacher, I had students who had little crushes. It was so cute. I never did catch any of them kissing though.lol....

    ReplyDelete