Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Friday, December 24, 2010

Family Bond

This is an email that my Cousin, Dena, sent to our family. Our Grandmother, Mama Jean, was rushed to the hospital because she was having excruciating pain in both her legs. She was taken to Hartselle Hospital and then told to go to Huntsville Hospital and was admitted. She had a clot that was causing her to lose circulation to her legs. The Surgeon removed all the clot, and had to slice open both of her legs (at the bottom by her feet) to get her blood circulation going. They have not yet sewed those wounds up?!
Anyhoo, This email is very true about our family. We have such a strong bond, and I'm blessed to have this on both sides of my family as well. When we come, we come with force! And we are always together no matter what! That's what families are for, Right? We will always be there for one another. And for me, That is one of the best feelings in the world. God has blessed me with the most Beautiful Family and I would not be the person I am today without each of them in my life! I love them so Dearly.

I wanted to share the email DENA WROTE:




Family,
I was just thinking and wanted to share with you your're worth and importance.

In James 4, it is written: When what causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but cannot have what you want. You quarrell and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.

This passage resonates with me for obvious reasons but its the last sentence that I want to focus on--You do not have, because you do not ask God. I know each of us have our own quarrel we par-take in wheather it be father and son, husband and wife, daughter and mother or brother and sister. This IS NOT OUR FAMILY! This is not!

I saw the most gracious and loving acts this week from family that have touched me deeply. Sweet Mama Jean has gone through the most excruciating agony and unexcpected turn of events in a long time. As well as sweet PawPaw. I watched my Grandmother scream out in pain and beg for help. This aches me to my very core. I simply cannot imagine anyone having to endure that all alone. It will be a long time before I get that voice on the other end of the phone out of my mind. But as soon as Mom and I watched in utter helplessness the tides were turning.

See, Mama Jean has a family with faults but can pull together better than any family I know. We are so blessed to have Grandparents and Parents still alive and we are blessed to have one another, even with our faults. I am so proud of the love and strength that was shown during this time. It was true, the hospital didn't even try to tell us too many or have a seat. It was funny that each time they called for the Taylor Family a herd trampled that desk.

We all have the ability to love beyond our strength because our strength comes from God. As we joined together in prayer, as we listened to the choir, and even when we ate those many meals in the cafeteria we were a unit. This is who we are. We can all do better and treat one another with love. I know that some of our quarrels come from a lack of trust or having an expectation on one another. I want us to stop- stop all of it. We are so much better when we are together.

Mama Jean in all her wisdom has perfect timing! She is now working her way out of ICU and into a regular room. I know she will want her cross word puzzles as well as smiling faces of encouragement.

For you all that made phone calls, prayed, petitioned, and were present. You are a blessing! All of You!
Thank you for being a family! I am proud to call each of you by that name.

We have not, because we ask not.

Father,

We come to you as sinners. We are broken and helpless without you. We are not in control! We acknowledge that you are Lord and Savior of our lives and ask that you continue to show us mercy and love. We ask in your name to bless our family with strong bonds, loving hearts, a spirit that seeks your face, and healthy bodies that will endure the test and perservere.

I love you All and though we will spend Christmas in the hospital, We will be together!
Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment