Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blake's 30th Birthday

Blake, Finally turned the big 3-0. I am eleven months older than him and he lets me know that every once in a while:).  His birthday party was last Friday, in the midst of the tornado's and power outages. I rented the lounge and terrace at the Country Club and had live entertainment, food, drinks, friends, and family. The party was so much fun, the guests got to listen to dueling piano players...and we almost didn't have power! Yikes. When I spoke with the director, she told me the Club should have power by Friday morning at 6a.m., NO GUARANTEES. Blake still didn't want me to call off the party so, I waited til Friday morning to hear from the director. Well, there was no power that morning or after lunch. So, Blake said he would use the generator for the band and lights outside, the club had a generator for the food. Blake didn't want to call off his party.  The food wasn't going to be what I had originally planned, but oh well. We had to make do. Well, thirty minutes before the party was to begin the power came on! PRAISE THE LORD! Although the evening felt great, it wasn't exactly going to be the most ideal.  I could kick myself because of all the running around and last minute things I had to do that day. I forgot my CAMERA! I almost never leave home without it. What a shame. There would have been some great pictures made. I had decorated with Blue, Yellow, and Green balloons (30 to be exact). White tablecloths with a yellow small one on top. Flower vases on every table with a white flower in all the vases (Some roses, Day lilies). On the cake table I had two LARGE cylinder vases filled with water and golf balls almost to the top and had White Lillie's coming out of the vases. It was very striking and very appropriate for a husband who loves GOLF and a party on the Golf Course. I also had everyone sign a picture that I had copied of Blake when he was 3 or 4yrs old in his favorite "Space Control" shirt. I had two other pictures out beside it on easels (of Blake at different ages). Sorry, no photos to show from it. :( Expect of the pictures I had out for people to sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment