Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Tuesday, October 4, 2011

7th Annual Tablescape Luncheon

I was invited to our 7th Annual Tablescape Luncheon at our church today. I was so delighted to attend, this was my first time doing this luncheon and it was such a treat.  I got there a little early so I could walk around and view all of the beautiful tables. I was amazed at all the creativity.  I didn't come prepared with my camera, so I took out my phone to snap a few pictures. Each table came up with their own theme. The table that invited me, had their table decorated as "Life being a piece of the puzzle". It was adorable. My table is pictured above. Our place mats were puzzles that had been glued together. Before we ate, there was a poem by Shel Silverstein, on our plate to read. The guests each had a cookie that was individually wrapped like a puzzle piece to take home.  We also had a book from the guest speaker (which btw, I can not wait to read) called The Last Christmas Ride by Edie Hand.
Edie Hand was our guest speaker and the book she wrote is based on a true story. Her story is amazing and she brought tears to my eyes...of course once the water works start with me, I cannot get them to stop! Her theme was, Mopping with my pearls on. In a quick summary...her message basically was: that no matter how God has "packaged" your life, you have to go on, and there will be something amazing that comes out of a horrible situation. Your life experiences, help shape the person you become. 
Edie talked about going through a divorce with a 7 year old and always carrying that guilt with her and believing that her son hated her for doing so. Until, later, he was being interviewed, and Edie was with the producer and had her headset on listening. When the person asked her son, " What is one of your favorite memories?" Her son answered, "Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Because my Mom would put all differences aside, and always invited my Dad to spend the night with us on Christmas Eve. So, the next morning we could wake up as a family and have Christmas together as a family." 

How his mother handled that situation would eventually help shape his life. I come from a divorced family and I know my Mom could have said a million things to me about my Dad. But, she never did. She never let on to me about anything. I thank her for that. I am a better person for it. 
God is Good! I look back on my life so far, and I can see so clearly how he has been VERY present in my life. I am so such a blessed woman and see him working miracles everyday!

Anyhoo, she is writing a new book that is coming out soon called, 'Mopping with my Pearls On'.  She is from the South and she is great. Might be worth checking out. Below are some more tables I took some pictures of. This one right below is my favorite!!!!

70's Theme-Cracked me up. The camera phone does it noooo justice. I asked Peggy, who decorated this table, if she found the china at a thrift store...she said, no! That is my wedding china! Ha! Pictures of everyone (who sat at the table) was placed around the table. From when they were younger. Then if you look closely, you will notice the cigarette butts in the ash tray!



Fancy Nancy Theme

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I love the Fancy Nancy table!! Thanks for sharing Leslie. That book sounds like one that everyone would benefit from!

    ReplyDelete