Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Painted Rug


I took these pictures when the rug was still wet, so there a few parts that look discolored, but the rug will not look that way when it dries. 

 I have been wanting to paint this rug for a few months. I finally got to it the other day. I chose to paint stripes because that seemed to be less difficult. I knew that I would do this wrong, or mess up somehow.  Well, I think it turned out really cute. I have another rug and I will be using a stencil to paint.   One thing I learned with this project...use a primer. I did not. I think that I would have used less paint and the paint would have adhered better to the rug. I haven't yet, but I'm going to apply a polyurethane over the rug. 


2 comments:

  1. So did you just use a white rug Leslie? I have wanted to try something like this except with a floor cloth. A rug might be easier to work with! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did use an almost cream, rug. I kept seeing this in the blog world. People were getting their rugs from IKEA for about 40-50 bucks. I found mine at Big Lots for 19! You would never know it!

    ReplyDelete