Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Kiddo's ABC Book

The kids have started their ABC Book. I have been feeling very guilty lately about not spending the time with Tristan that I did with Cooper.  When Tristan started school this year, I started thinking...OMG does Tristan even know her shapes? Well, she does. Most of them anyway. But, I have been trying to turn anything we do into a learning experience (EVEN WHEN IT's NOT). I found this idea on Pinterest. The 3's at our school are actually doing sorta the same thing. Except it is called 'Zoo ABC's'.
We started with the letter "H". Only because of Halloween is this month. The next letter will be "A". I want them to come up with their own words for the letter. I helped get them started and listed several words for the letter H. They both wanted Halloween. Cooper has already said, 'He want's his B to be for Batman'. Tristan wants her B to be for Barbie! I want the alphabet book to bring out their own personalities. We went to Michael's and bought some white card stock and they picked out the color they wanted their binders. I got some protective sleeves to put in the binder. Really cute project to do with your kids. Maybe Tristan will know all of her ABC's by the end of the year. So, sad! 

 Tristan's H.  She wanted to draw spider webs on her H. Then she added her stickers. 
Cooper's H. He wanted to color his whole H black. Then he wanted to put the stickers on the letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment