Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday, Cooper

Cooper turned 6 years old yesterday! I cannot believe it! He stayed at my Mom's house the day before his birthday and she let him open a few of his presents. One being the shoes he has been wanting and an under armour shirt. The kid is WAY too picky about what clothes he wears. This has been an ongoing battle since he was three. I have finally given in and I let him wear the Nike and Under Armour he has always wanted-on a daily basis. We have such issues with him and what he wears, that every week we pick out his clothes beforehand. So, MTWTF, there is no fight before school. Ha, that's what I thought.  Granted it's gotten a bit better. But, every once and a while,  he will change clothes three-five times before heading out the door. With all that being said, Cooper got a lot of clothes for his birthday. He's 6!

Each year he just continues to amaze me. It of course makes me sad he has grown so fast. But, I have loved every stage, phase we've been through and it keeps getting better. Each year he becomes more and more independent and less dependent on me. Which makes me feel like I'm in a game of tug of war.  Next year he will be embarking a new phase in his life that will be the continuum for the next 18 or so years.  I know this,  and this is life and growing up is part of it. BUT, it's hard for me to actually process that. I just can't imagine him next year in this big school remembering his carpool number, his computer user name and password, his lunchroom number, and whatever else "big school" requires of him.  I have been so used to doing everything for him for so long, I have to remind myself that's doing him no good. He has to have confidence to go and do these things himself. So, we have been preparing all year!

All I can do now is pray I have done a good enough job teaching you everything to help you be successful in "big school," and that you continue to be the sweet boy you are and your Innocence won't be taken so soon.  I pray you will be a leader and learn to do the right thing even though your friends are not!! OK, I could go on and on...

 Pics:before school, opening his presents




Picture below is in Cooper's classroom with his buddies
  

 ...and here is Tristan who thinks she is one of the big kids in Cooper's class.








Cooper said, "this is the best day ever"! He is so sweet! It was the best day ever!!! The day you were born was my best day ever! May 11, 2006! I love you so much!!! Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Cooper!! Sounds like he is his own man Leslie!! Those are the kids who grow up to be leaders and not followers!!

    ReplyDelete