Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Sunday, July 10, 2011

In Love with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!

Once I purchased this Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, I feel like 'Oh, My goodness, I can redecorate my whole house!' I had a few projects that I tackled this weekend-trying to play around with what all you can do with the paint. I still have not mastered AT ALL the dark wax. I know there is a technique and it seems so simple: wax on-wax off. But, it's not that easy to get the perfect look. I will be very excited once I take a class at the end of this month.

 

This is the before picture of a lamp that Blake has had since we got married. I thought it needed a little updating and a quick dust!

After!







A picture frame that I  painted using the Annie Sloan Provence color. I did use some of the dark wax on this frame.

This is a little table I had in Cooper's room for his night stand. But, I've rearranged his room and really didn't need it anymore. I painted this with the Annie Sloan Old White. If you only apply one coat of paint, you can sand it with a wet rag (which is way less messy) rather than using a sand tool.




Again, Love Love this paint! I will say, it seems pricey for these little cans, but it goes a LONG way! I purchased the Annie Sloan Old White, and Provence. The Old White I love, you can really do a lot with the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment