Quote by Audrey Hepburn

"I believe in manicures. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing Lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in Kissing, Kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in tomorrows another day and I believe in Miracles." Audrey Hepburn




























Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wood Cross

This past weekend my Mom and I spent all day making Wood Crosses together. This has been something she has wanted me to do with her for almost a year now. There is a little 'Story' behind the crosses. My Aunt made my Mom one last year. It had different items on the cross that were 'Meaningful' to my Mom. My Aunt Dado and my Mom were wanting to get the all the women together in the family, and do these crosses together. Well, we all planned on meeting one weekend, but it fell through and never got rescheduled. Needless to say, It was my mom and I who ended up doing the crosses together. She had the wood already cut and glued together. We painted the crosses ivory. (The cross my Aunt did for my Mom was Black in the background) Then we started gluing with Tacky Glue, things such as, Jewels, shells, beads, etc. to our cross.



all of our beads from old jewelry

This is my cross finished. I really want to get a large piece of wood in the shape of a square and have more wood added as a border around that piece. Paint it. Put this cross in the middle to help off-set the craziness that is going on in the cross! Ha!

This is my Mom's cross she is going to hang in her office at work.

On my cross, I modgepodged, in the middle a picture of Cooper's sonogram and a picture of Tristan's sonogram.

This is my Magnolia flower, that was given to me when I was initiated as an AOII.

The time on the watch is set for 5:30, because that's what time I was born. I also put a pin of a little dachshund with a diamond collar, on my cross. For my prissy Savannah, she is my first child, after all. The whole cross itself represents Blake and I. That is why I decorated the cross in seashells. I have some shells that the kids picked up at the beach, from our last beach trip and some that my mom had bought. There was still a little sand in them.

While we were decorating our crosses, the kids painted. Cooper picked out a pirate ship at Michael's Craft Store, and Tristan picked out a dog house. It has a stuff animal that goes inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment